ARWEN ACE - Tactical - Single Shot
ARWEN ACE T - "Tactical" Introduction
The ARWEN ACE T "Tactical" and its siblings the ARWEN ACE and the ARWEN ACE P - "Pistol" are the first cost effective, multi-purpose, single-shot weapon systems to combine light weight, and high accuracy, with open breech for fast rate of fire.
- - Rifled barrel ensures accurate flight of projectiles
- - Double action trigger plus fully ambidextrous manual safety
- - The ARWEN ACE T - Tactical is made from light weight aluminum and polymer materials
- - The ARWEN ACE T - Tactical can be instantly topped up or exchanged with different ammunition types while being held in the firing position
- - The ARWEN ACE T - Tactical can be field stripped in seconds for thorough cleaning and inspection
- - Can be fired from right or left shoulder without modification
- - Suited for any build or height operator
- - Certified Armourer courses available
The ARWEN ACE T - Tactical weapon is light: 1.81kg (4lb) unloaded or 1.95kg (4lb, 5oz) loaded with 1 AR-1 baton round; finished in matt black and, because of its design, is very safe. It is very easy to use, being suitable for right or left-handed operators of any height or build. Exposed parts are made of anodized aluminum alloy and plastics, which are unaffected by damp environments; where steel parts are necessary, they are in shielded positions where they can be kept lubricated and protected from rust. Routine stripping, cleaning, lubrication and reassembly are easily done with the simple tools, brushes and cloths; cleaning brushes and lubricants can be provided.
A carrying sling is provided as standard and an optional carrying case can be supplied with each weapon. The special style of ARWEN ammunition makes an important contribution to its weight and space-saving design. The cartridge case safely contains the propellant gases without the support of a chamber. This feature contributes greatly to the simplicity of the system. When a round has been fired, the spent case is ejected to the right. Baton rounds used for training can be recovered and refurbished for re-use, keeping down training costs. ARWEN projectiles are spun by the rifled barrel, so that they are extremely accurate.
How ARWEN Offers Security in the Less Lethal Role
ARWEN is the first less lethal weapon to combine lightness, high accuracy and open breech for fast rate of fire. The ARWEN ACE T - Tactical has the option to quickly change the ammunition type of the round to be fired. This offers the operator a choice of tactics and a level of response unmatched by any other system.
ARWEN ACE T - "Tactical" Technical Details
||ARWEN ACE T - "Tactical"|
||Proprietary 37mm ARWEN Rebated Cartridge|
||1 Round - Rapidly Reloadable|
|Type of Action
||Single Shot, Auto-Ejection|
||185mm (7.25 inch)|
||5 Lands / 5 Grooves|
|Rate of Twist
||1 in 540mm (1 in 21.3 inch) Right Hand Twist|
||585-665mm (23-26.25 inch)|
with 1 AR-1 round
|1.95kg (4lb, 5oz)|