This course is designed for the law enforcement officer who is required to instruct others on the use of the AR15 / M16 weapon systems. Through a combination of lectures, classroom demonstrations, practical exercises, and live fire range exercises, the student will gain valuable knowledge and experience in topics as related to the AR15 / M16 Weapon system.
- Development of the AR15 Weapon System
- Specifications and Nomenclature
- Cleaning, Lubrication and Function Checks
- Weapon Manipulation - Loading & Unloading
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Stoppages, Transitioning and Reloading
- Shooting from Different Positions
- Multiple Targets
- Shooting on the Move
- Semi-automatic and sustained fire
- Running a Range
- Student Coaching Techniques
The course lead instructor has been a full time tactical officer and team firearm instructor with a major Ontario police department for over 10 years. He is a certified police Firearms Instructor, Armourer and Use of Force Instructor.
- AR15 or M16, rifle or carbine (1 minimum per student) with 3 magazines and pouches
- Pistol, spare magazines, holster and magazine pouches
- Eye and Ear protection
- Minimum of 1,500 rounds of .223(5.56mm) rifle and 500 rounds of pistol ammunition
- Note taking equipment
5 Days. Class time will be from 8:00AM to 4:00PM each day
$750.00 Per Student, plus applicable taxes
Payment for course tuition must be received a minimum of 14 days prior to the start of the course.
Class size is limited, please register as soon as possible to ensure your spot.
Courses are not regularly scheduled, however a full course can be conducted at our or your location. Please enquire.
Upon successful completion of this course the student will receive a Certificate from Police Ordnance Company Inc. and an AR15 / M16 Instructor Manual.
Agencies Hosting Courses
If you wish to host a course, please contact us for details.